Sunday 29 May 2011

Bobble Hats and Beyond!

First I would like to say that I have been rubbish at blogging this week and I'm sorry. It has been a really busy week and I just couldn't fit it in. I will try harder this week I promise!

So, now things in my knitting world are starting to get a little tricky! For my next project - The Bobble Hat - I need to learn how to purl.  The first few attempts were not successful. I thought I was totally doing it I really did but then I looked at what I had been knitting and it looked the same as plain knit stitch... clearly something was wrong. I tried again, this time it seemed to be okay but I got a little carried away and dropped some stitches, not ideal but at least what I had knit was purl! No I'm already a believer that third time is a charm so off I went again... and hooray this time success, no dropped stitches and purl all the way.



At this point I thought I would quit practising and start my hat before I forgot how to do it. I had decided to make my bobble hat in a fabulous shade of pink to match some gloves I have. The hat has a 1 x 1 rib border but the rest is in garter stitch so wish me luck.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment