Sunday 1 May 2011

Was knitting not enough?

I have now been knitting for  3 months and already finding it hard to find the time to do the recommended 2 lines a day why on earth did I think that writing a blog about it would be a) easy to do and b) not time consuming in the slightest. This is the first day and it's already taken me 1 hour and I've barely wrtten anything. Anyway, I'm determind I'm going to do this so here goes...

So why did I decide to start kniting at the tender age of 28? Well it was probably my mum to start with as she knit's and is always making cool things that I want, and also because a woman came into the library where I work and wanted to start a knitting group and I thought it sounded  like fun and hey how hard could it be?!! Well very to be honest, but we'll come to that later.

First I thought I would get a book for beginners and give it a bash. As I work in a library I thought this would be pretty simple but I was to be proven wrong. Apparently I'm a bit slow on this knitting thing and the whole world is full of people knitting, and oh borrowing books about it from my library. So anyway I ordered a few books for the complete novice and waited. When the first couple arrived they were not exactly what I was looking for but I did buy some wool and needles and gave it a go regardless. This however, ended in tears and with a phone call to my mum but more about that tomorrow.

I think that enough for tonight, I'll continue with my knitting adventures tomorrow.

Happy knitting/blogging. x

No comments:

Post a Comment