Wednesday 21 August 2013

Wip Wednesday #27

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Hope you are all having a good week! As usual I don't know where the week has gone, its been a busy one here. Lots of knitting, so lets get on and show you what I've got on the needles.

First Wip - Baby


This was taken at the weekend when we went to a railway museum. It was a beautiful day and Angus had a lovely time, he just loves being around people. The rest of our week has been a bit of a strain, we are doing some sleep training with Angus. If any of you have done this you will understand how challenging this can be. Hopefully we will be in a better place next week.

Second Wip - Bear


This is another new wip, I am making a bear for Angus to give him at Christmas. This is the first time I have attempted a toy and already I have changed the pattern. I decided it wasn't enough of a challenge already so decided instead of block colour I would make it a stripey bear. We'll see how it goes! So far its ok but as you can see I haven't done very much. Watch this space...

Third Wip - Chunky Hat


You may be sensing a theme this week as this hat is also for Angus. (He really does take over everything!) I think this will be a really quick knit and I hope to be showing it of on a FO Friday soon! It's a nice easy pattern and as its a baby hat and using chunky wool, on big needles it is going to be nice and quick. It's also in stocking stitch and knitted flat. I can't wait to get it finished!

I have also been working on last weeks wips but will show you those next week.

So that's it for me today. linking up with the lovely Tami
I will also be linking this post with the following blogs
Wednesday - Show off your stuff party
                     Yarn along

18 comments:

  1. cant wait to see the bear when its finished! ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute first wip ;)
    And a stripey bear must be cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just hope the bear turns out ok!

      Delete
  3. Hang in there. THe sleep training is worth it. Don't give in because that is a sign that you are just one day away from success. Angus is adorable. Of course he needs hand knitted toys and hats and everything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i see progress already so I think we were both ready to do the sleep training!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sam,

    Lovely to see you back in land of blogging and knitting again. Congratulations on the birth of your lovely little boy too. He looks lovely. bee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to be back in blog land!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness!! Angus is adorable!! Love your WIP and can't wait to see the bear and hat finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once you've done your first toy you won't turn back. They're so addictive. Very quick, so cute and kids just love them. Can't wait to see them completed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look forward to seeing the stripey bear, love your projects and your LO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No idea what sleep training is (being a spinster and all), but good luck with it! I look forward to seeing the finished objects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Angus is so cute! I had 4 children and do not know what sleep training is. Maybe he's not getting enough exercise? Mine fell into bed exhausted with me close behind! LOL! We had a 2 story house also which was a lot for those little legs and mine too. They never slept with us though if that's what you're trying to break....not sure about how you break that habit.
    I love the bear and the stripes. It's going to be so cute. BTW, my name is Sam also....actually Sandra but I've always been called Sam. Good luck with that sleep training whatever it is! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angus does get enough exercise, he's 10 months and walking, we also live in a 3 story house and he never stops! He doesn't sleep with us. The sleep training is to help him self sooth and stop waking for two hours in the night. We are having some success, so I think it's just about breaking a bad habit he's got into, because he was sleeping really well. Thanks for your comments though!

      Delete